May 6th, 2013
According to recent Peerless Research Group (PRG) surveys and feedback as published in the January 1, 2013, Logistics Management article, “Supply Chain Technology: Transportation Management Systems (TMS) gaining altitude,” many shippers of freight, such as manufacturers and distribution companies, are seeing the benefits of both hard and soft freight costs savings when they deploy a TMS or freight management software.
The top reasons shippers plan to purchase a TMS or freight management software:
- Routing and Scheduling: Shippers want automation in order to save time and money spent on resources for processing freight shipments.
- Routing and Rating: Shippers want to know how to best optimize their route to save money as well as get the best rate whether they ship LTL, Truckload or small package freight. A good provider, who intimately works with carriers on your behalf and then maintains those rates, all while optimizing shipments based on your freight history through analysis, will offer the most value.
- Shipment Consolidation: Shippers want both technology and people to help ship freight more efficiently. To provide the highest freight costs savings, it’s imperative you take advantage of the capacity crunch going on in LTL markets and leverage experience through a provider whom can help in drop-shipping, multiple locations, and proper freight accounting to organize it all efficiently.
- Carrier Selection: When you are ready to ship, do you really want to go to several websites, put in multiple quote inquiries, and HOPE you chose the right set of carriers who will give you the best rates, transit time, and limit of liability? When you are onboard with a TMS, it needs to have the ability for you to choose, much like a travel website does for hotels, the carrier who best fits your needs.
- Freight Payment/Auditing: Good TMS or freight management software technology has freight accounting services such as freight payment, freight auditing, and freight invoice consolidation. These systems, such as the Cerasis Rater, should also offer robust tools to analyze historical freight data and accounting in order to make future business decisions which further drive down costs.
If you are thinking about purchasing freight management software or making a change from your current TMS, contact Cerasis today or ask to receive a Cerasis Rater Demo from one of our Account Executives.
Cerasis will exhibit at the Eastec trade show in West Springfield, MA from May 13th through May 15th at booth #3359 in building three.
April 9th, 2013
Since 1976 Global Shop Solutions has prided itself on being, not only a customer-centric ERP vendor but also, an industry leader in knowledge and experience. For that reason, we’ve always been eager to share any insight or information that businesses in the industry might be able to apply to their business …Read the rest of this entry »
April 1st, 2013
Global Shop has added a new feature to our, already great, GS Document Control™ module—The Version Management System. Document Control™ is the documentation manager for our One-System ERP Solutions™ and allows users to attach a variety of files …Read the rest of this entry »
March 18th, 2013
As much as we love to talk about Global Shop Solutions One-System ERP Solutions™, we love it even more when our customers do it for us.
The following is a letter from Martin Thomas of Idaho Correctional Industries about his and his company’s relationship with Global Shop since becoming a customer …Read the rest of this entry »
March 4th, 2013
In today’s environment, enterprises must operate “lean and mean” in order to compete. This requires having a firm grip on every aspect of the business, not just the shop floor. Global Shop Solutions has the software tools to streamline your company’s operations …Read the rest of this entry »
February 25th, 2013
Global Shop Solutions’ popular Friday Feature’s webcast begins Friday March 1st for the Spring Semester 2013. The webcast is for existing customers who want to spread the knowledge of Global Shop through-out their individual companies. The webcast is usually 60–90 minutes and focuses on a core GSS subject, some new tools/features recently released and a ‘Customer of the Week’ success story.
…Read the rest of this entry »
February 18th, 2013
Global Shop’s One-System ERP Solutions™ is constantly evolving to stay ahead of the changing business needs and processes of our customers. As such, it’s important for us that our customers are the best users of Global Shop that they can be—whether that’s with our updated features or with older parts of the system that they’re not using yet. For that purpose, we hold our annual Global Shop Road Shows. …Read the rest of this entry »
February 11th, 2013
This week Global Shop Solutions kicks off its tradeshow season with UBM Canon’s Pacific Design & Manufacturing in Anaheim, CA. February 12-14, we will be showing off our One-System ERP Solutions™, including some new features in update 2012.2, at booth 3415. …Read the rest of this entry »
February 1st, 2013
On February 6th Global Shop Solutions will be giving our first quarterly webcast. Each quarter, one of these webcasts will be highlighting a business goal and, how Global Shop One-System ERP Solutions™ can help businesses achieve that goal. This week’s topic is “Trust Global Shop for Increased Sales.” …Read the rest of this entry »
January 28th, 2013
Purchasing is highly efficient in Global Shop’s ERP Software. GS Automated Purchasing users experience streamlined inventory management and time spent on purchasing is cut in half! Through the use of these three innovative tools companies are fully capable of streamlining their purchasing system …Read the rest of this entry »