Category: Aerospace Manufacturing, Automotive Manufacturing, Concrete Casting, Correctional Industry
Sales & Customer Service 1.800.364.5958
5 Things to Think About For Overall Manufacturing Performance
Manufacturing isn’t easy, but it should be. If you don’t know if you are performing at the highest level, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Most manufacturers don’t know, and it’s because they only compare themselves to themselves.
Global Shop Solutions has been simplifying manufacturing for 40 years helping businesses go from good to great, making us an expert in our field. We designed our ERP software with manufacturers just like you in mind.
Want to improve your overall manufacturing performance? Then we invite you to take our Manufacturing Health Test and gain access to your overall manufacturing performance score, see how you compare against others and get the steps needed to go from good to great.
To get you started, here are 5 statements that are true for superior manufacturers. If you can’t answer ‘almost always’ to these statements, you’re an underperforming manufacturer:
- Our business management system gives us complete visibility into every aspect of our business.
- Our estimating averages 10% or less variance in actual costs.
- We know our true capacity by workcenter, machine, and operator.
- We accurately track direct and indirect labor, and know our percentage of indirect to total labor costs.
- We identify and remove bad or out-of-tolerance parts before we ship them.
Want to find out if your company is healthy? Take the Manufacturing Health Test today.