Category: Aerospace Manufacturing, Automotive Manufacturing, Correctional Industry, Defense Manufacturing
Sales & Customer Service 1.800.364.5958
5 Things You Have To Do To Increase Labor Efficiency
You can’t get jobs done without labor, and you can’t do labor without people. So how do you know if your people are performing as efficiently as possible to save your business the most amount of time and money?
Most manufacturers don’t know because they only compare themselves to themselves. It’s time to start comparing yourself to others in the manufacturing industry.
To start, here are 5 statements that the best manufacturers can respond “YES!” to every time:
- Our machinists save time by directly accessing routers, work orders, BOMs, drawings, inventory lists and other job information at their work stations.
- We use EDI (electronic data interchange) to automatically import large customer orders rather than keying them in manually.
- We group different jobs that use the same material to reduce setup and breakdown times.
- We reduced administrative costs in accounting, purchasing and inventory by operating lean.
- Tying scheduling and inventory together saves time and money by allowing us to buy the same material once for many different jobs.
If your response to the above statements is “sometimes” or “I’m supposed to be doing that?”, then you need to take our Manufacturing Health Test to gain access to your overall manufacturing performance score, see how you compare against others, and get the steps needed to go from good to great.
Then give us a call. For over 40 years, Global Shop Solutions has been helping manufacturers become more efficient in their labor. Our ERP software helps simplify manufacturing for our customers just like you.